Follow Me

       

I'm Mizu and a beauty blogger from Malaysia since 2010. I'm very passionate in beauty and addicted to Korea Cosmetics. I love making friends all over the world besides enjoying mangas and animes.

Welcome to my blog

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

[REVIEW] VIVANTSKINCARE, for acne skin and rosacea safe


I always trusted dermatologist since they knew better about the skin more than me myself. So last 2-3 months, a representative from VivantSkincare would like me to review their skincare line and I leave up all the products choosing to them after I said that my skin is oily, dull, rough and a little red on cheeks. Although it might be hard to actually imagine that in reality without some photos of me without makeup, they decided to sent me this skincare products that is rosacea safe.

A little bit about VivantSkincare,
"Founded in 1990 in California by the late Dr. James E. Fulton, Jr., M.D., Ph.D., co-developer of Retin-A®, and his wife Sara Fulton, Vivant Skin Care is a clinical skin care line rooted in Fulton’s patented vitamin A therapies. The line was inspired by Dr. Fulton’s personal struggle with acne and life-long study of and research in skin care. The resulting 35 + formulations comprise our skin care products designed to treat skin conditions such as acne, hyperpigmentation and aged skin.
Vivant Skin Care’s products successfully treat resistant skin conditions found in ethnic skin types such as hyperpigmentation (melasma) and acne, giving them a natural acceptability rate in the Latin American and Caribbean marketplaces. An estimated 45-50 million women worldwide live with melasma, a condition that presents itself as unattractive brown patches or uneven skin color. The Vivant Skin Care line provides a non-surgical alternative to achieving even and clear skin."

The products consist of VS Mandelic Acid 3-in-1 Wash, VS 3% Mandelic Acid 3-in-1 Toner and VS Rejuv Rx Peptide Concentrate. The VS Green Tea Antioxidant Cleanser were sent as a complimentary since they read a post of mine where I said that I'm obsessed with Green Tea so they sent me one! :D They asked me to try all of these products for at least 30 days and dropping all the other products which I did as per asked.

The two cleansers. The cleansers can be used all over the body :D

The toner words are rubbed of the bottle since I used it a lot.

The cleanser came in this convenient packaging.

The green tea had green color tint and the mandelic acid wash had an orange tint to it.


GREEN TEA ANTIOXIDANT CLEANSER - $29.50, here.



Claims;
It is formulated to dissolve oil, dirt and make up while preserving the skin's natiral acid mantle. Great for all skin types including rosacea.

Usage;
The first step in the skincare steps. I mostly alternate this cleanser with the mandelic acid wash for the first step.

Ingredients;
Water as the first ingredient followed by Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, a cleansing agent. This cleanser contain Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance and colorant (Blue 1, Yellow 5). Honestly, I'm not a fan of the colorants since the color stains my pore brush.

Performance;
This cleanser does clean my skin very well and after cleansing, there is a "film" feel on the skin which is should be remove by the Mandelic Acid toner in the next step.

Results;
I like that it cleanse very well however, I have to watch out for the amount that I used every time since this would cause my skin to peel off especially in the mouth area. It also leaves the skin quite dry after cleansing.


MANDELIC ACID 3-in-1 WASH - $31.00, here.



Claims;
This unique face and body wash helps suppress acne bacteria and restrains the formation of Melanin that causes blotchy pigmentation. Helps prevent ingrown hairs.

Usage;
I used this alternately with the Green Tea Antioxidant Wash for the first step in skincare. Can also be used as shampoo on scalp to control dandruff and acne.

Ingredients;
Contain Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance and Colorants (Red 36). Same opinion with the Green Tea cleanser.

Performance;
Surprisingly this cleanser doesn't cause me peeling off around the mouth like the Green Tea cleanser does. It does leave a "film" on the surface of the skin after washing. By the way, the "film" cause tightening feels on the skin.

Results;
I like the fact that it cleanse well although the color stain my pore brush. Does leave the skin feels a little dry after washing.


3% MANDELIC ACID 3-in-1 TONER - $44.00, here.



Claims;
It refines the surface of the skin and penetrate deep into pores to remove dirt, oil, makeup, and pore-clogging dead skin cells. It suppresses acne bacteria, lifts of hyper pigmentation and stimulates new collagen production.

Usage;
Second step in the skincare.

Ingredients;
Key ingredients are Witch Hazel and Mandelic Acid.

Performance;
It does sting my skin when I applied it to the skin. Probably because of the Witch Hazel ingredient since that ingredient do sting my skin but it doesn't do harm like increase the redness. Once, I may have applied this near to my eyes and it stings my eye so I asked for an advice from the director, Susan about that and she said it probably because of the evaporation of the product. Regarding the sting feel on the skin, she said it maybe prior to the skincare that I've used before I started this regime. It also shows that the product is working in exfoliating the skin so that Rejuv Rx can penetrate the skin.

Results;
My skin is quite supple after using this toner. It does feel like it removes the "film" created by the cleansers.


REJUV RX PEPTIDE CONCENTRATE - $106.00, here.




Claims;
This silky peptide serum helps enhance firmness and elasticity as well as prevent future signs of aging. Smoothes lines around mouth, eyes and forehead. Also ideal for alleviating inflammation and redness associated with rosacea and irritated skin.

Usage;
This is the last step in the skincare. I did not used this on the first week of skincare regime since they advice me not to use this earlier until the skin adapted to the skincare.

Ingredients;
I'm quite okay with fragrance as long as it doesn't irritate my skin nor have strong smell.

Performance;
This is the most comfortable step out of the three since it doesn't irritate my skin. The watery liquid also absorbs really fast to the skin and leave it supple.

Results;
I'm not sure about the wrinkles improvements since I don't have wrinkles myself except for the under eye. However, I could say that it does lessen my redness on my cheeks.


Although the products might be a little harsh on me, as a lot of acne products do this, it actually works for my skin. I see that the redness on my cheeks are lessen and pimples and acne breakouts doesn't occur that much either.

I do have breakouts in the month of using it so it doesn't mean that the products can stop it from happening. However, I do believe that hygiene and food intake are a very important role in making the whole steps works. 

Below is the before and after picture of my skin after 1 month and half of using all these products. I highly recommend you to do consultation first before trying these products. 

Note: This picture is not altered in any way, not even the lighting. The two pictures lighting is different because I took them at different place and different time.

Thank you for reading.

If you would like to see more, visit VIVANT SKINCARE website;

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I'll get back as soon as possible :D